Nars dupes

 This week I had just run out of my Nars concealer for the third time within twelve months. I use this concealer every single day and it is truly my holy grail. The consistency of this concealer is one I have never seen before, it's creamy and buildable and does not leave any streaks. The only downside of it is the price and how much is in the tube. I use this concealer to re apply around 3 times a day so one tube will go very fast for me and I need something therefore more affordable. 


I have looked at two different products I got from Target that are supposedly similar to the Nars concealer.


The first one I decided to invest in was the maybelline fit me concealer. From a distance you could definitely mistake the two just by the packaging, it had the long container as well as the black lid, and the applicator is also the same in comparison to the Nars. However the Maybelline one reminds me of a more watery texture vs. the Nars concealer being a little bit more of a mousse. It has slightly less coverage than Nars, however it is more buildable. I wouldn’t say its a bad option but it's definitely not the best one.


The second one I bought is an almost exact dupe of the Nars concealer, and its the Neutrogena healthy skin concealer. This consistency is the exact same one to the Nars. It has a smooth and glowy finish to it too. It's very buildable, however the only downside that I have come across is that if you mix this concealer with either a oil based primer or oil based foundation on top, it may start to crumble off a little, so its important to use a water based foundation and primer.




Comments

  1. I've never used the Nars concealer but I've heard a lot of good things about it. I mainly use drugstore brands since I don't want to spend too much on makeup so knowing about these dupes helped me get a better understanding of what concealer to purchase if I want something to replicate the Nars concealer. Right now, I have the Elf hydrating camo concealer and I really like it. I am biased though since that's the only one I've tried so far. Maybe I might try one of these when I run out of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, finding a concealer is so tough! I have not had luck with the Neutrogena one because for some reason it always made my eyes itchy. I am new to Tarte Shape Tape, and so far liking it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts