Hit or Miss

 Hi everyone! This week I thought it would be nice to start a series about a trending product and review if it's worth the hype, calling this series a Hit or Miss. 


To start off I have been seeing this product everywhere and everyone of my girl friends I talk with either has this product, or wants this product, and it's the Tarte Maracuja lip plumper. The retail price in ulta, sephora, and online is $24 USD so it's on the pricier side and I have very high expectations for her. 


To start off this product comes in a cute rose gold packaging, and at the bottom there is a clicker that you use for the balm to come up. At first it took a little bit for me to understand how to get the product up, but eventually I was able to get it. I do really like the balm. It's a very buttery texture and I like how the color of the balm is still vibrant on your lips.. However in comparison to the two faced lip plumper this does not do the job in the lip plumping department, the only difference it has from the original Maracuja Lip balm is that it has a minty taste to it. It does not change the shape of your lips, nor is it a lip plumper. Overall this product gets a 7/10 for me. Definitely a miss only because the price is comparable to the Two Faced lip plumping gloss.


The second product that I spent my hard earned money on was the drunk elephant bronzing drops. I hopped on this bandwagon a little late, however I eventually got around to it. This product is definitely really good for your skin, and has many good ingredients in it that will not make you break out. My skin is very warm toned so I have trouble finding products that don’t make me look orange and this is definitely one of them. The formula blends in seamlessly with my moisturizer and gives a non-cakey finish on those days I don’t want to wear makeup. The only downside is the price at $38 USD for a 1oz bottle, a good alternative is the copacabana bronzer by sol de janeiro at $19 USD, which is oil based but gives a gorgeous tan like look. 10/10 for the drops. Definitely a hit.


 




Comments

  1. I read something recently that said that Drunk Elephant is one of the top cosmetic brands among 12-13 year olds. I was floored! That's a very high price point for someone that age.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh i know its absurd. If they made these drops with nothing other beside oil it might be fine for them to use, but with the extra oils and vitamins and whatever else they added in it might be harmful for these sephora kids to even use on their faces and ruin their skin barrier

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts