My top 3 things to do at Chicago on St. Patricks day

 St Patrick's day in Chicago is definite yes in my book, I am a suburb native however there are lots of fun things to do in the city as well as the suburbs. These are my top 5.


1. Dyeing of the river

At 10 am on Saturday the 16th will occur, speed boats will dye the river green for an hour. You can see this from a bridge, my favorite place to stand is the columbus bridge, you get a fantastic view of the city as well the river.



3. St Patrick's day parade in chicago

Directly after the dyeing of the river, at noon Chicagoans will stay on the bridge and a parade will start on balbo st. heading toward monroe st. There are many irish dancers as well as band and other fun festivities.


3. South side Irish parade

This parade similar to the one in Chicago will consist of Irish dancers and bagpipers as well as parade floats and live music. The parade is on western ave between the 103 and 115th block. There are also plenty of bars on western ave. to grab something to drink, one of my favorites being Barneys.





Comments

  1. I also love St. Patrick's day in Chicago, I go almost every year! I have seen the dyed river and the parade as well, both great experiences and I definitely recommend them as well. Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend them this year but probably next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natalie,
    I love celebrating St. Patricks day by going downtown Chicago. Theres so much to do, with different restaurants, bars, and things to do. One of my favorite things to do is watch the river being died green. This year I sadly couldn't go because it was too early and I couldn't make it in time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts